I am getting a bit closer to finishing an alpha release of my project which makes use of a modified version of GCC 4.0.1 in order to collect data about the source code being compiled. In developing it i have come across a number of things that I think may be helpful to be added to the GCC Internals documentation in particular to section 9:

"9 Trees: The intermediate representation used by the C and C++ front ends"

I have read some posts that have come up recently on modifying documentation but I just want to ask a few questions to clarify...

Do i need to have any sort of agreement with FSF in order to submit documentation changes?

Should I update the latex sources for the docs or do it on the wiki?

After making the changes do i submit them to the patches list in order to be reviewed or do they go somewhere else first?

I will not be able to get around to doing this at least until i have made a first release of my project (Hopefully within the next month), but I think i might start taking notes now of some things i would like to add.

Thanks,
Brendon.