On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> If you want to make a patch, and Gerald approves it, it's fine by me.
> But, fwprop is described as a new feature (faster compiler, better
> code), and the build system affects people building the compiler.  The
> change we're talking about seems to affect only people debugging the
> compiler.

I think these indeed are relevant differences.  At the same time, I am
sure there are GCC hackers/power users in addition to those regularily
reading all of gcc@ and gcc-patches@, and it may be desirable to announce
such changes to them as well.

So, how about adding a section "Developer-relevant Changes" at the end of
gcc-4.2/changes.html?

Andrew, if you want to hack up a patch towards that end, I'll be glad to
review/approve (unless some others strongly disagree, in which we'll need
to consider this in more detail).

Gerald