On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 04:19:17PM +1100, Ben Elliston wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 23:28 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > Right now the libgcc configuration is completely tied up with
> > gcc/Makefile.  As parts of the configuration process move from
> > gcc/config/ to libgcc/config/ (or libgcc's configure.ac), we'll
> > be untangling them.  Eventually, it should be possible to build
> > gcc and the target libraries separately.
>
> So I take it that at this stage we've not commenced the process of
> having libgcc's configury run autoconf tests on the target compiler?
> (Rather than having to hardwire most target details into the t-* files?)
> Any objections to starting down this path?

As Paolo responded, we have already begun - I use autoconf to detect
both visibility support and decimal float support.  I'm not sure how
much else remains to be done, but I'm open to suggestions :-)  I
wonder if it's possible to work out some of the difuncs/tifuncs stuff
based on the size of target types.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery