Paul Brook wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 January 2007 01:26, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> Robert Schwebel wrote:
>>> What about PR28516, would it be acceptable for 4.1.2?
>> There are two issues:
>>
>> (1) it's not marked as a 4.1 regression, let alone a regression from
>> 4.1.x.  Did this test case work with older versions of GCC?
>
> 4.1 is the first FSF release to support arm-linux-gnueabi (the bug only
> effects eabi targets).  The bug is preset in 4.0, but apparently noone other
> than glibc uses nested functions with -fexceptions.

OK; in that case, I don't think this qualifies as a regression from a
previous 4.1.x release.  But, I'd certainly consider it within the
discretion of the ARM maintainers to put this patch on the 4.1 branch
after 4.1.2 is out, as it's a simple ARM-only patch.  That assumes, of
course, that everyone agrees about the GAS issue.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery