On 08 Feb 2007, at 10:47, Ronny Peine wrote:

Hi,

maybe http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/ecetr/123/ would also be interesting for you. There, a quadratic algorithm for finding a nearly optimal set of compiler flags is described. The results are quite promising and i have also tested it
on my own benchmarkingsuite with good results.

Thank you very much. After reading the abstract, I'm highly interested in this work, because they also use GCC and SPEC CPU2000, as I'm planning to do...

Which benchmarks did you test on?

greetings,

Kenneth

--

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital (Aaron Levenstein)

Kenneth Hoste
ELIS - Ghent University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.elis.ugent.be/~kehoste