On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> Given that we're not going to mess about further with DECL_REPLACEABLE_P
> (since the case that Kaveh raised involving PIC compilation of functions
> using exceptions is a non-bug), I don't think we need to do RC3.
>
> The only changes that we've had since RC2 are Andrew Haley's Java
> timezone changes and Joseph's update of translation files.  If the build
> change for non-standard shells is also checked in tonight that's fine;
> if not, there's a good workaround.
>
> So, my current intent is build the final 4.1.2 release tomorrow evening
> in California.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Mitchell

Okay.  If we're going to leave the compiler behavior as-is, I'd like
eventually to address the testsuite failure in the testcase somehow.
(After the 4.1.2 release at this point.)  It also affects 4.2/mainline.

What I need to work out is what combinations of target and flags this
problem occurs under.  E.g. is this problem sparc-solaris only or does it
occur on any target using pic?  Or is it some subset of all platforms?
What about targets that default to pic without any extra flags?  Etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

                Thanks,
                --Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]