Just use your cross-compiler to build a compiler for the target system
that'll run on the target system.  Then it could be good idea to use
new native compiler on its hardware to rebuild gcc once again natively.
Two compilers from last two steps should be identical.  It's a good way
to make sure your cross and native compilers are working correctly, and
generating code that actually runs.

Have a look at how canadian cross compiler are built, that might give you
a hint.  Some hacking the script for building canadian cross-compiler may
help (See CrossGCC FAQ for details -
http://vmlinux.org/crash/mirror/www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/).  But be sure to
edit specs and change cross_compile to 0 later as specs are dumped by
cross-compiler.

you can find some more info in this thread:

http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2005-02/msg00005.html

-- Victor