On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 18:45 +0000, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> On 19/03/07, Daniel Jacobowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 01:49:55PM -0400, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> > > Perhaps this ought to be looked at again with some seriousness.
> >
> > I think this is an idea whose time has either come, or will shortly.
> > GCC's -O0 is much more extreme than that of other compilers I've used.
> >

> Is building this early SSA form something that can be tackled by a
> newbie developer with almost zero middle-end knowledge within the time
> frame of the Summer of Code?
I think so.  It shouldn't require a huge learning curve since it ought
to be a matter of wiring up existing code to run at times when it does
not currently run.  ie, I don't think there's a lot of new code to write
to make this work.

The biggest issue with these warnings at -O0 (as others have mentioned)
is going to be the potential for compile-time slowdowns.
\Jeff