On 23/03/07, Richard Kenner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In which case, the companies concerned, rather than the individuals,
> are volunteers: they have no contractual obligation to the FSF.  Marc
> Espie's argument stands.

I don't see that.  They are "volunteers" in terms of what they choose to
contribute to the FSF, but not at all such in terms of what they *work on*.
And I thought that discussion was about the latter.

I refrained from replying that because I think discussing the
semantics of the word 'volunteer' when applied to for-profit companies
or more precisely for individuals that work in for-profit companies is
way off-topic and not very helpful in order to solve the problem at
hand.

Cheers,

Manuel.