On 29 Mar 2007 18:24:56 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why will expressions have location?  It seems to me preferable to save
the memory.  After a few optimization passes many of the expressions
have no location anyhow.

And I know from past experiences, that this is really a bug that they
don't produce expressions with locations.  I remember Daniel Berlin
was talking about how SRA does the correct thing with respect of
locations and other passes should really follow that.  We can see how
out of SSA can produce cases where PHIs would create expressions
without locations but that is a bug (I cannot find the PR right now
but Daniel J. filed it).

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski