> The aliaser is fairly aggressive at removing TREE_ADDRESSABLE from
> variables that do not need it anymore, so that should not be a problem.

Yes, but you're calling the lang hook, which in theory, is allowed
to do all sorts of different things.  How do those get undone when we find
*they* aren't needed?

Moreover, what if what you're taking the address of is a COMPONENT_REF
or some such.  Are we saying that's not allowed anymore?  Some lang-hooks
look through them to set TREE_ADDRESSABLE on the underlying decl, but
your patch only calls it on a DECL_P.

I think we need to step back a bit and get a definition we can all agree on
here first.