> * powerpc-apple-darwin8.5.0: gfortran.dg/edit_real_1.f90

I don't see these failures on my weekly snapshot build on OSX 10.3.9
(nor in a month old build on OSX 10.4.8 or 9, cannot remember).
Could it be related to 10.4.5 gcc failures gcc.dg/torture/builtin-pow-mpfr-1.c
and gcc.dg/torture/builtin-sin-mpfr-1.c I don't see either with my builds?

> Note2: I also omitted a couple of gfortran.dg/secnds.f failures; this
> testcase should be reworked

see that too now and then.

I have also done the following experiment with large_real_kind_2.F90:
(1) compiled with -S
(2) edited large_real_kind_2.s to add $LDBL128 where appropriate
(e.g., .indirect_symbol _expl$LDBL128)
(3) assembled the result
(4) linked the object

and the executable passed the tests. So it should not be too difficult
for someone who knows what to do to fix this part of the problem.

Making large_real_kind_form_io_2.f90 to works will probably requires
more work because, as far as I understand the problem, the corresponding
changes have to be done in libgfortran.

I don't have the knowledge, nor the time, to do the change myself,
but I can test patches.

Dominique