Janis Johnson wrote:

>>> The RM can encourage me to do this; I've already been meaning to for a
>>> long time now.
>> You may certainly consider yourself encouraged. :-)
>
> Gosh, thanks!

:-)

> I have IBM permission to contribute them to GCC.  An earlier version for
> CVS is in contrib/reghunt with formal FSF copyright and GPL statements.
> I've sent later versions to gcc-patches as a way to get them to
> particular people who wanted to try them out.  My inclination is to put
> full copyright/license statements on the bigger ones and just "Copyright
> FSF <dates>" on the small ones.

I guess I'd tend to be conservative and put the full GPL notice on all
of them.  If it doesn't apply because the file is too small, whoever
wants to use it in some non-GPL way can assert that fact if they want.
Is there some reason that putting the GPL on them is bad/wrong?

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery