[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
James,

On 5/1/07, Aaron Gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi James,

> Successfully built latest gcc on Win XP SP2 with cvs built cygwin.

I was wondering whether you could help to get me to the same point please.

You will need to use Dave Korns patch for newlib.

http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2007/msg00292.html

I am getting the following :-

$ patch newlib/libc/include/stdio.h fix-gcc-bootstrap-on-cygwin-patch.diff
patching file newlib/libc/include/stdio.h
Hunk #2 FAILED at 501.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 521.
2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file newlib/libc/include/stdio.h.rej

I had to apply the relevant changes manually to the cygwin <stdio.h>. It doesn't appear to match the version for which Dave made the patch.