On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 09:27 +1000, Ben Elliston wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 22:16 +0200, Danny Backx wrote:
>
> > Gcov normally puts the files where it writes profiling information in
> > the source directory. In a cross-development environment, that directory
> > isn't always available.
>
> So I discovered when debugging testsuite failures on a remote target :-)
>
> > Gcc has support for overriding that directory at runtime.
> > Unfortunately, on Windows CE, that is not always easy.
>
> Why, is there no concept of environment variables for Windows CE
> processes?  What is the real problem?

For all I know there's just the registry.

> > I've patched my copy of gcc to be able to specify a different directory
> > at compile-time (instead of at run time).
> >
> > I can cleanup and submit my patch if there's interest.
> >
> > Prior to that, I have a question : should this support be steered via
> > parameters on the compiler command line, or from environment values ?
>
> Don't use environment variables at compile time.  It makes reproducing
> problems in the field extremely difficult.  We need useers to be able to
> send source input plus a command line without having to further guess
> their environment.

Ok, a command line option is what I have. I'll try to clean up my patch
shortly, and see if it still applies cleanly in a recent gcc tree. Our
current version is based on gcc-4.1.0. Or is a patch against that ok ?

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info