Richard Guenther wrote:

On 5/7/07, Vladimir Makarov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Compilation time SPECINT2000 (user time sec):
**********Mainline Branch Change
--------------------------------
x86_64    139.39   148.48   +6.5%
Itanium   446.00   484.56   +8.6%
PPC64     374.33   399.72   +6.8%
Pentium4  253.89   269.43   +4.9%

Note that while I appreciate the benchmarking very much, not
providing details on which SPEC tests regress in compile time is bad.
Can you manually identify the worst offender, ideally by file?  Or is it
just overall regressing?

I can guess it is mostly overall regression. Of course there is always worst offender. I could find it but it will take some time which unfortunately I don't have next 2 weeks. Sorry for that. Even such benchmarking takes a lot of time.

I do such bechmarking because I am worried more about missed code regressions for now (I think that easy significant compile time improvement is not possible anymore). After the merging such code quality comparison will be impossible and it will be hard to say what is missed because of the new df code. And I see that people (mostly Seongbae) doing a good job fixing code regressions. I really appreciate that because I know how hard to fix them for SPEC2000.