Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
Hello,

We have a large app with a lot of static libraries in it (and I mean a lot, about 20) and it compiles and links successfully. If I compile it without optimiztion turned on
(-O2 or some more subtle with -O and others), the program also runs.
With optimizations, though, the program would crash.

Entailed is the gdb stacktrace. We use the native linker of aix and are updated to the latest bos packages for 5.2.

You need to debug the program to find out where the bug is
(most likely the bug is in your code, optimization often shows
up bugs that do not appear at -O0).