On 5/22/07, David Daney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Wei Chen wrote:
> i think http://gcc.gnu.org/svn.html have a error.
>
> "Using the SVN repository
>
> Assuming you have version 1.0.0 and higher of Subversion installed,
> you can check out the GCC sources using the following command:
>
>    svn -q checkout svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk gcc "

I think you are mistaken.  The command above does in fact check out the
source into a directory named gcc.

> the right is
>
>      svn -q checkout svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk
This will work as well, but the workspace will be in a directory called
'trunk'

> or    svn -q checkout svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/gcc

That is probably not what you want.  That will only checkout the gcc
subdirectory.  The result while interesting, will not be sufficient to
build a working compiler.

David Daney

I'm using tortosieSVN.  it's a visual version with SVN.
so the url is svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk.
forgive me that i didn't know the syntax about SVN in command line

that's right. i'm wrong.

--
i'm a newbie in GCC community.
Wei Chen