Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> I haven't examined it.  When the branch maintainers consider it ready to
> merge I hope a proposal along the lines of the DFP one
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-11/msg01128.html> will be posted (see also
> subsequent discussion in that thread, and on the submitted patches).

I would like to avoid the situation in which Chao-Ying et. al. work hard
to come up with a plan, factor the patches, etc., and then we decide
that the code is not going to be ready for 4.3.  I had originally pushed
this work back to 4.4, but as 4.3's been delayed, perhaps there's an
opportunity for it in 4.3.  If, however, the work isn't ready, then I'd
rather not take up a lot of Chao-Ying's time now; instead, we can just
wait for 4.4 to get closer.

At the same time, of course, there's not much point in you investing in
looking at the branch if Chao-Ying doesn't think it's ready.

So, let's do this:

1. Chao-Ying, would you please work on any remaining issues that you
feel need resolution.  Then, post your merge plan, ala DFP.

2. Joseph, at that point, would you please invest a a little bit of time
(a couple of hours) to look at the branch, and provide some feedback?
Please provide comments to Chao-Ying, and also please let me know
whether you think the work is nearly ready for inclusion?

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery