Hi,

  As Mark requested, we propose a merge plan for the fixed-point branch
as follows.

1. Merge in machine modes to support signed and unsigned
fract and accum modes.  Handle scalar and vector modes.

2. Merge in fixed-value.h and fixed-value.c to handle fixed-point values.

3. Merge in TREE structures for fixed-point types and constants.

4. Merge in C front-end changes to parse _Sat, _Fract and _Accum.

5. Merge in RTL structures for fixed-point constants and operators.

6. Merge in libcpp to parse fixed-point constants.

7. Merge in changes to support "case" of FIXED_POINT_TYPE, FIXED_CST,
and CONST_FIXED in .c and .h files.

8. Merge in the MIPS backend that supports fixed-point instructions.

9. Merge in configure/build system changes for the runtime library.

10. Merge in testsuite (from gcc.dg/fixed-point) that only run
when the compiler is configured to enable fixed-point.

  This plan is similar to the DFP merge plan from this link.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-11/msg01128.html
Our changes will be active for the mips target and all other targets
should not be affected.  For each step, we will wait for some days
to fix any breakage.  Comments are welcome!

  Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Chao-ying