Michael Meissner wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 01:27:39PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> Joseph S. Myers wrote:

>>> Do we at this point believe that the people who were working on updating
>>> the TYPE_ARG_TYPES changes (from the old LTO branch) for trunk are not now
>>> going to have them ready in time?

> Unfortunately that person has left AMD.  Evidently he and I had some
> miscommunication, becuase I thought those patches had been checked in before
> he
> left.  I have been told by my management to either resurrect the patches, or
> create new patches to fix the backends.  Can you remind me what changes need
> be made?  Sorry about this confusion.

Thanks for following up.  The goal here is to merge the patches on the
(old) LTO branch which change the representation of TYPE_ARG_TYPES.  At
present, that is a TREE_LIST; on the LTO branch, this representation was
changed so that it was instead a TREE_VEC, which saves memory and makes
accesses more efficient.

The work remaining was to get these patches working with all of the
various back ends.  Some of them directly manipulate FUNCTION_TYPEs, and
so need changes.  If you would be willing to work on that, that would be
terrific!

Please let Kazu Hirta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or myself know if you need
help.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell