Following my commit of the patch for PR29786, I did a further regtest,
which produced a good number of fortran testsuite failures.  Being
late, I put it out of its misery.  I reverted to before my patch
(r125628) and find that the failures are still there.  For example,

$ /irun/bin/gfortran $test/sizeof.f90
/cygdrive/d/svn/trunk/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/sizeof.f90: In function 'check_r
eal':
/cygdrive/d/svn/trunk/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/sizeof.f90:37: internal compiler
error: Segmentation fault

f951, run under gdb, runs to completion, so the problem is further
towards the backend.

I regested earlier last night and all was well (sorry, I did not
record the revision #), so the problem has creapt in over a very small
number of patches.

You will excuse me please if I cannot identify the patch that is
responsible - this sort of investigation is just a bit too tedious
under Cygwin.  I will make one further reversion this morning and will
report if I have bracketed the problem.

I do not know if there are other gcc regressions.

Cheers

Paul