Kenny --

I tried to get the simplest C program containing a function:

  void f() {}

to go through LTO today, but the LTO reader says:

./empty-function.o:0: internal compiler error: in lto_static_init_local,
at lto-tree-flags.def:747

Apparently, this is because the static set-up in lto_static_init_local
doesn't handle MEMORY_PARTITION_TAG (and perhaps other new tree nodes
added after the original LTO branch).

For reference, this is how I compiled the file:

  ./xgcc -B./ -flto -funit-at-a-time -g -c empty-function.c
  ./lto1 empty-function.o

Would you be able to take a look at that?  I would like to be able to
begin pushing forward on getting small functions to go through the compiler.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery