Jan Hubicka wrote:

> One thing I would like to see in is the sharing checker.  The criteria
> of bootstrap/regtesting on primary platforms is almost met now with
> exception of regmove pass that I sent patch for some time ago.
> I will do re-testing now and see if some new problems has appeared.

Thank you for bringing this up.  I'd let to get the checker in too.
But, I don't really understand the regrename.c patch.  Are you saying
that regrename.c is broken, and that we need to make these copies
because of a real bug?  Or just to make the checker happy?  If the
latter, have you measured the compile-time and memory usage to see what
impact that has?  We'd like to avoid making the compiler slower just to
make the checker happy -- but, of course, it might be worth a small hit
to get the checking benefit.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell