> If there is too much confusion about this (unset) policy to keep 4.1 GPLv2
> I propose to close the branch and branch a gcc-4_1-gplv2-branch off the
> top.

My vague recollection from the last GCC summit is that there was no plan to
move the 4.1 branch to GPLv3 and that everyone was OK with this.  This makes
things simpler for distributors.  And I think that creating a special branch
would create more confusion than anything else.

So I'd simply revert the patch that (presumably) accidentally changed the
licence of this particular file and ask people to be careful about this.

--
Eric Botcazou