On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:
> However there is a class of users who don't get their compiler from
> distributors, but who also want the safety of using official releases and
> not some random svn checkout.  These users are missing one year's worth of
> bugfixes.  They may not want to upgrade to 4.2.x for technical reasons.

My pragmatic answer is that we are doing those weekly snapshots which
for a stable branch like 4.1 are more or less of the same quality that
any release would see at this point and that updating the license for
a branch as mature just is a bad thing as it massively violates the
expectations anyone would have at this point in the lifecycle.

Gerald