Hello, here's my application. Please, leave your comments as I still
have two days to fix it if something is wrong :)

Project
I want to make some improvements in the Lexer/cpplib area:
1) Change the way of file handling
  -- Mmap file into memory if possible instead of allocating a buffer
(if no character conversation is needed)
  -- Find the boundaries of line which for conversation is needed
instead of converting the whole buffer.
2) Replace all malloc/free functions with XNEW/XDELETE (XNEWVEC,
XDELETEVEC) macro.
3) Some small miscellaneous changes
  -- Improve the developer's documentation and comments
  -- Add a ru.po file for the libcpp

Why is it useful for GCC? (corresponding to the project items)
1) The compile time and, probably, memory usage will be reduced.
2) Hard to say anything here. I have no idea why malloc/free functions
are still used in the code since XNEW/XDELETE are supposed to be
there. (Or may be I'm wrong? I've asked here once about this and it
seems that I'm right.)
3) A good documentation is important for understanding the source
code. The long sequence of mails in this list called "How to
understand the gcc source code" is demonstrative.

Why should I do this?
1. My knowledge in C programming language is very good.
2. I have some expirience in tokenization.
3. I want to join the GCC development process independently of GSOC, I
will continue my work and supply my code after the end of the summer
of code.
4. I have some expirience writing with the C++ language. May be it's
not enough to develop big projects with it but it's definite enough to
lex it :)
5. Finally I have a "Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools"
book written by Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi, and Jeffrey D. Ullman. I'm
joking of course :)

Biography
I'm 18 years old student learning in Novosibirsk State University,
Russia. I've been working with linux for 4 years, I enjoy writing C
code and I always wanted to join some really great project like GCC.

PS Where am I supposed to send this mail? I've seen no special address
for GSOC applications so I sent it here. But I've seen no other
applications in this list so I'm confused :)