"H.J. Lu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 27.04.2008 21:31:14:

> Is this related to

> H.J.
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:47 AM, FX <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Cygwin native built gfortran 4.4 was already broken, even when it
was
> > making it through bootstrap and testsuite.  All comments I've received
told
> > me I was wasting my time with it.
> > >

> >  Where is that bug reported? cygwin is secondary target, I think it
should
> > really be unbroken, with the help of its maintainers (and possibly by
> > identifying the patch that broke bootstrap).
> >

> >  FX
> >
> >  --
> >  François-Xavier Coudert
> >  http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~uccafco/

I reverted the patch to keep fortran compilable on Saturday and
bootstrapped it. This patch was just affecting mingw target by changes in
mingw32.h and can't affect cygwin target, so it is unlikely to be the
reason.
The problem was for this patch, that the fortran frontend does not provide
the function disable_builtin_function. Fortran uses implicit the builtins
by the middle, but does not support the api defined in c-common.c.
By this reason a subtarget is unable to disable builtins for C/C++ targets
via the provide api, so I removed this patch.

Kai