On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Eric Botcazou <ebotca...@adacore.com> wrote:
>> What is missing to go forward with this plan?
>
> Almost nothing, but I'm benchmarking the change and I'm seeing degradation in
> some cases because move IVs are exposed and so are -fivopts' warts.
>
>> I am hitting type consistency problems again while trying to fix PR39999 ...
>
> Ideally this should be independent.

Yes.  But we have invalid IL before PRE (arithmetic in subtypes) and PRE manages
to expose this fact in a way that type checking complains ... :/  I
have now tested
4 variants of the obvious fix and all fail one way or the other
because of this issue.
For 4.4 it's easier because type checking won't notice it there ;)

Richard.