On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Mark Mitchell <m...@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> Martin Guy wrote:
>
>> Dropping FPA support from GCC effectively makes the OABI unusable, and
>> often we are forced to use that by the environment supplied to us. Are
>> there significant advantages to removing FPA support, other than
>> reducing the size of the ARM backend?
>
> I think that maintainability of the ARM backend is indeed the major
> benefit to dropping it.

There are lots of other ports that could be dropped to improve
maintainability of some backends, or even the whole of GCC. That has
never been accepted as a good reason to drop anything if there are
still users of it, no matter how few (see pdp11 / vax backends,
osf/tru64 support, other random unmaintained backends, ...).

What is different about arm-elf?

Ciao!
Steven