Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>> I believe that the right fix (short of simply abandoning the GFDL,
>> which would be fine with me, but is presumably not going to pass
>> muster with RMS) is a revision to the GPL that explicitly permits
>> relicensing GPL'd content under the GFDL, by anyone.

> I like the sound of this proposed solution and agree fully with your
> intent to get back to a more workable state for documentation
> production and creation.

I've made the case on the SC list.  RMS has thus far not responded
directly to this suggestion, but thus far has not seemed terribly
concerned about the inability to move things between code and documentation.

A few of the other SC members have weighed in, but it would certainly be
helpful if more would do so.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell