On 10-08-04 03:22 , Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

The FSF's responsibility for legal matters under the Mission
Statement comes with a duty to the developers not to get in the way
of the "Patches will be considered equally based on their technical
merits." principle from the Mission Statement.  The FSF is failing in
its duty to what was traditionally considered one of its flagship
projects.  If this has not been brought up with the full board of
directors of the FSF, it is time that it was so brought up.  Richard
may have the right point in
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-07/msg00411.html>  regarding problems
with FSF leadership.  I support the FSF's various campaigns for
freedom and against closed devices and systems, but I get the
impression that they have been losing sight of the needs of their
traditional flagship projects lately.

I agree. SC, please escalate.

Agreed.  This is surreal and counterproductive.

Diego.