* Robert Dewar:

>> People still buy books which are available freely in electronic form.
>> This means that some printing still goes on.
>
> I think there is a difference between a novel you can hold and
> read, and computer documentation. My question was not whether
> anyone reads books any more, it was whether people read computer
> manuals in this form any more.

I was still referring to computer documentation, but admittedly not
reference manuals, rather works like introductory texts which have got
some sort of narrative strucuture which guides the reader.

For reference manuals, it takes a huge amount of effort to make the
printed version as useful as a hypertext version, and most reference
manuals don't go to that length, so I don't see a reason to print them
either (as long as a there aren't licensing constraints that make
printing seem favorable).