Dear Steering Committee:

Is unifying driver and option handling maintainership a good idea?

On 01/12/2011 06:14 PM, Jie Zhang wrote:
On 01/12/2011 06:07 PM, Richard Guenther wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Jie Zhang<j...@codesourcery.com> wrote:
Dear Steering Committee:

The current listed maintainer for option handling is:

option handling Neil Booth n...@daikokuya.co.uk

But I'm wondering if Neil is still active. There are no replies to my
recent
pings from that email address. The last recorded commit from him in
GCC was
on 2005-01-19, which was nearly 6 years ago. So I guess he might have
not
worked on GCC. If this is true, how about assigning a new maintainer for
option handling?

Option handling maintainership should be unified with driver
maintainership
IMNSHO, as they are closely related.

I agree. I think Joseph is the best candidate for the maintainer of the
option handling since he made the most changes of gcc/opts-common.c. He
is already the maintainer of the driver. If we unify these two
maintainerships, we save one line of MAINTAINERS. :-)

Regards,
--
Jie Zhang