I wrote a script and ported my proposed API for GCC plugins from my
CamelCase naming convention to an underscore_based_convention (and
manually fixed up things in a few places also).

The result compiles and passes the full test suite for the Python
plugin; that said, I'm still breaking the encapsulation in quite a few
places (hey, this is an experimental prototype).

You can see the latest version of it within the "proposed-plugin-api"
branch of the Python plugin here:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=gcc-python-plugin.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/proposed-plugin-api

within the "proposed-plugin-api" subdirectory.

How is this looking?

If this landed e.g. in GCC 4.8, would this be usable by other plugins?

Hope this is helpful
Dave