On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Iain Buclaw <ibuc...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 11 April 2012 15:12, Iain Buclaw <ibuc...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On 4 October 2011 08:08, Iain Buclaw <ibuc...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've have received news from Walter Bright that the license of the D
>>> frontend has been assigned to the FSF. As the current maintainer of
>>> GDC, I would like to get this moved forward, starting with getting the
>>> ball rolling. What would need to be done? And what are the processes
>>> required? (ie: passing the project through to technical review.)
>>>
>>> The current home of GDC is here: https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc
>>>

>> This has been rather long wait from my side of the pond (moving has
>> taken away quite some time from my side).  But I'll be in a position
>> to begin discussion on arrangements this weekend for patches to be
>> submitted for GCC 4.8.
>>
>> I would be grateful if we could start and maintain discussions on
>> making this happen, and I hope some sort of agreement could be reached
>> by the end of the month.
>>

> I would like to give a gentle reminder of this.  Where should I be
> posting the proposed patches to? The frontend and runtime library
> alone would be a few megabytes in size.

Patches should be posted to gcc-patc...@gcc.gnu.org - for large
drop-ins (sub-)tarballs are prefered.  I suppose one way would be
to merge GDC to a branch in the GCC SVN repository first.  Note
that gcc-patches has a size limit (not sure how large it was though),
hosting files somewhere and providing links would be another
way of providing them.

Richard.