Hi Ilmir!

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:02:11 +0400, Ilmir Usmanov <z...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> My name is Ilmir Usmanov and I'm a student of Moscow Institute of Physics and
> Technology.
> Also I'm implementing OpenACC 1.0 in gomp4 branch as an employee of Samsung
> R&D Institute Russia (SRR). My research interests are connected with creating
> OpenCL Code Generator. So I'd like to participate GSoC 2014 with project
> called "OpenCL Code Generator" as an independent student. I will do the
> project during my free time, my employer will not pay for this.

How much time would you be able to allocate for working on the GSoC
project?  Per
<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/help_page#11._How_much_time_is_required_to>,
»you should expect your project to be your primary focus this summer«.

> The proposal is the following.
>
> * Implementation of OpenCL Code Generator.
> ** Abstract.
> The project addresses generation of OpenCL kernels as OpenMP 4.0 target.
> Currently OpenMP 4.0 target implementation supports only host device as a
> target. I’m going to implement OpenCL kernels generator and extend libgomp
> with OpenCL routines.
> During the project I'm going to reuse current (not finished) implementation
> of OpenCL generator from openacc-1_0-branch, refactor and implement it as
> OpenMP 4.0 target plugin.

Specifically an »OpenMP 4.0 target plugin«, or generally a libgomp
plugin, so this would benefit both OpenACC and OpenMP, I assume?

> ** Plan.
> The project will consist of the following parts.
>
> *** Kernels generator.
> In this part I’m going to implement OpenCL C or OpenCL SPIR generator from
> GIMPLE representation as OpenMP 4.0 target plugin.
>
> *** Libgomp extensions.
> In this part I’m going to extend libgomp with OpenMP 4.0 plugin that
> allocates the memory at target device, maps the memory etc. Also I'm going to
> extend current implementation of OpenMP 4.0 target plugin API with routines
> to perform kernel compilation and enqueuing, if necessary.
>
> ** Schedule.
> 21 March - 18 May
> Preparation:communicate with mentor, read libgomp source code, try submit
> some small patches to extend plugin API. Refactor code generator from
> openacc-1_0-branch.
>
> 19 May - 8 June
> Coding to implement OpenCL runtime library: map clause, target update.
>
> 9 June - 22 June
> Coding to implement kernels generator. Generate simple kernels: target.
>
> 23 June - 13 July
> Generate complicated kernels: declare target.
>
> 14 July - 11 August
> Detailed testing.
>
> Is the proposal suitable?

Generally, such a project does appear suitable as a GSoC project, and you
should certainly file it on the GSoC site before the deadline on Friday,
so that it can be considered there.

Grüße,
 Thomas