On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 05:54:37PM +0400, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
> use fixed EBX at least until we make sure pseudo PIC doesn't harm debug
> info generation.  If we have such option then gcc.target/i386/pic-1.c and

For debug info, it seems you are already handling this in
delegitimize_address target hook, I'd suggest just building some very large
shared library at -O2 -g -fpic on i?86 and either look at the
sizes of .debug_info/.debug_loc sections with/without the patch,
or use the locstat utility from elfutils (talk to Petr Machata if needed).

        Jakub