Hello Gurav,

On Thu, Mar 15 2018, Gaurav Ahuja wrote:
> I had a query, while choosing project for GSoC. Actually I'm
> contributing to GCC for the first time, and I am not sure about what
> is expected of me.
>
> So, can you please explain me about , what GCC organisation expects me
> to do, like detect bugs, or add a new feature ,etc.?

I am not sure I understand your question.  GCC as an GSoC organization
does not give prospective students any tasks they need to complete
before applying.  However, it is a good idea to at least check out,
build and test the compiler suite before you apply for a project with
us.  See the information at

   https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Before_you_apply

and generally speaking the entire wiki page on GSoC for what to do.

Martin