> On Sep 17, 2019, at 3:02 PM, Richard Earnshaw (lists)
> <richard.earns...@arm.com> wrote:
>
> At the Cauldron this weekend the overwhelming view for the move to GIT soon
> was finally expressed.

> So in summary my proposed timetable would be:
>
> Monday 16th December 2019 - cut off date for picking which git conversion to
> use
>
> Tuesday 31st December 2019 - SVN repo becomes read-only at end of stage 3.
>
> Thursday 2nd January 2020 - (ie read-only + 2 days) new git repo comes on
> line for live commits.
>
> Doing this over the new year holiday period has both advantages and
> disadvantages.  On the one hand the traffic is light, so the impact to most
> developers will be quite low; on the other, it is a holiday period, so
> getting the right key folk to help might be difficult.  I won't object
> strongly if others feel that slipping a few days (but not weeks) would make
> things significantly easier.

The timetable looks entirely reasonable to me.

I have regenerated my primary version this week, and it's up at
https://git.linaro.org/people/maxim-kuvyrkov/gcc-pretty.git/ .  So far I have
received only minor issue reports about it, and all known problems have been
fixed.  I could use a bit more scrutiny :-).

Regards,

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.linaro.org