On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> Could you avoid the double negative here? And the error message could
> be more specific to the actual error by testing the two cases
> separately, e.g.

I'm sort of hoping we don't end up using the hooks in this form for very
long - the patch was posted to demonstrate the features that seem to need
changes to the hook code, but hopefully that code can get extended
upstream to support such features in a cleaner way and then we'll only
need some custom configuration, not custom code.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com