On Sat, 10 Apr 2021, 03:37 Liu Hao via Gcc, <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> 在 2021/4/9 下午11:06, David Edelsohn via Gcc 写道:
> > Replied privately.
> >

> Excuse me, but why this has to be done privately? I generally expect there
> to be such a form that
> people may download, fill and submit without public acknowledgements.
>
> Please forgive me if I am being too curious.

I don't about David, but the reason I take it off-list is that there is
more than one form that might be appropriate, depending on the
contributor's situation. The forms are available online (e.g. in the gnulib
repo) but discussing what is suitable, and whether a disclaimer from an
employer is needed, doesn't need to be done in public. The contributor
might not want to discuss who their employer is on the public list, for
example.