On Friday, 21 October 2022 21:14:54 CEST Marek Polacek via Gcc wrote:
> commit 0a91bdaf177409a2a5e7895bce4f0e7091b4b3ca
> Author: Joseph Myers <jos...@codesourcery.com>
> Date:   Wed Sep 7 13:56:25 2022 +0000
>
>     c: New C2x keywords
>
> which says:
>
>     As with the removal of unprototyped functions, this change has a
> high risk of breaking some old code and people doing GNU/Linux
> distribution builds may wish to see how much is broken in a build
> with a -std=gnu2x default.

It already does break a lot.  See https://bugs.gentoo.org/870412
(comments go over the details).  I was intending on giving this issue a
proper look in the GNU toolchain frame of reference, but never got
around to it (and I kinda knocked priority down after managing to
configure properly once IIRC).

--
Arsen Arsenović