In message <snt136-ds16534d828d66bb5bdffd33f0...@phx.gbl>
          "Alan Buckley" <alan_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> However I get:
>
> cc1plus: out of memory allocating 65536 bytes after a total
> of 33492992 bytes.
>
> What I don’t understand is why that only seems to be 33MB
> and according to the Tasks list I still have 54MB of free space
> at this time. I start with 111MB.

When using DA as heap, UnixLib by default clamps this at 32 MByte.

So try:
  * Set cc1plus$HeapMax 96

I expect this to make a difference.

Or if you're on RISC OS 5, make sure (at least) the cc1plus$Heap is
not set (see !GCC.!Run file):

  * UnSet cc1plus$Heap

In that case you will be using the normal WimpSlot.

> [...]
> Is this something that the GCC4.6 compiler will be better
> with when its released?

I have no information on its memory usage (compared to GCC 4.1) but
usually newer versions require more memory...

John.
john.tyt...@aaug.net                             ARM powered, RISC OS driven