I’ve just commited some changes so CircusLinux will
build and use the Choices Write directory instead of
UnixHome and these work OK on Cygwin.

However circuslinux won’t build on my Debian
virtual machine as it’s complaining:

cd .. && automake --foreign --include-deps data/Makefile
configure.in:10: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM was called before AC_CANONICAL_TARGET
../../lib/autoconf/general.m4:1834: AC_CANONICAL_TARGET is expanded from...
configure.in:10: the top level
configure.in:6: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
configure.in:6: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
configure.in:6: with aclocal and run automake again.

Is there anybody who knows about this automake magic
that could quickly fix this? Or is it a configuration option
I need on my machine?

Regards,
Alan