On 23/05/14 15:03, Alan Buckley wrote:
Several games I have recompiled with GCC4.7 crash when I try to run them
with:
UnixLib detected recursion of signal SIGSEGV. Exiting.
Tutris is a good example to look at as it is a relatively small game.
It can be built from the autobuilder (name tutris).
It seems to be crashing before running any code, so I haven’t been
able to use my usual printf debugging.
Can some one have a look at it? Or if not give me some
ideas how I go about debugging it?

Some PIC code is finding its way into the static binary. This is also the cause of bug#251. The function crashing is called:

_GLOBAL_sub_I_eh_globals.cc

which is one of a group of functions whose name starts "_GLOBAL_sub_I"
and they all contain PIC code.

I'm not sure if these functions are compiler generated or come from
the static standard libraries, if the latter, it could indicate a build
problem in libstdc++.

Lee.