On 29/06/15 00:49, John Ballance wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to build fontconfig with the current cross compile toolset
(4.7.1) and the autobuilder

In the doc folder there is a thing called edit-sgml.c which should be
compiled for use on the host (compiling x86) machine, but is being
compiled into arm code.

Has anyone else met this, and more to the point, how in makefile or
makefile.am syntax do I oblige it to compile for local x86 rather than
crosscompile arm please

I've just tried a new build of fontconfig and it finished without error.
I suspect that you have a native package installed that I don't which
alters the behaviour of configure (ie, its absence on my machine makes
it skip the area you're having problems with).
Your best bet might be to configure with --disable-docs if you don't
mind not having the documentation. You would add this to AB_CONFLAGS
in setvars.

Lee.