I have a working port of telegram-cli, but compiling with either 4/1/2 or
4/7/4 and when the static binary runs, it doesn't complain about the
wimpslot, but helps itself to 206112000 bytes.
I have never seen a (largish) binary work without a wimpslot specified
before.

I noticed the wimpslot for ld climbing to about 17MB and I approximate that
should be the ballpark wimpslot for the binary to run.

Though the linux equivalent will be using shared libs it is only running
with 2.5MB system memory.

I haven't got a working shared library built yet (TEXTREL) but the shared
version needed an enormous  wimpslot, before displaying the error.

I have tryed bypassing the inner_main, loop, netloop functions for the
shell but it only dropped the memory usage by KB's not MB's

Going further back in the main() I only achieved a machine crash.
I am putting in a
while(1) {
}
to get it to stay running so I can observe changes to the memory.
I'd welcome any other ideas, or general info about memory.

Ron M.

Regarding mail holdups, I have been contacted by zoho support, and they
have taken steps to allow posts from this mailing list to get through
greylisting, so I'll be checking this one. A better response than is
possible from gmail, regarding long term builtin spamlisting problems.