Lee Noar<mailto:lee.n...@sky.com> wrote on 12 July 2020 12:32:

> There is a native RISC OS version of GCC 8 now (autobuilder/develop/gcc),
> so perhaps we could look at doing a release of that. It produces a
> skeleton !SharedLibs with just the new runtime libraries and this is
> merged into to the GCC 4 !SharedLibs (so not standalone).
> The two !GCCs would need to be kept separate though I think,
> I've not looked at how to run two different versions of the
> compiler from the same !GCC.

I wonder if we should just have a !GCC8 and it’s expected the user will
boot the correct one or double click on it before compiling to switch
the tools used.

The shared library packaging won’t be a problem. I think we just need
a package with the GCC8 shared libraries that depends on the basic
SharedLibs package.

Regards,
Alan