On 01/03/2021 10:34, Daryl wrote:
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the message! I couldn't get the stringstream to work at all, and when I searched up the errors somebody mentioned that C++11 support was incomplete in 4.7?

Yes, I think 4.7 may have been close to the threshold of when C++11 was
being added so support may be sketchy. I know webkit now requires at
least 4.9 to support the full features that it uses.

So I then decided to try GCC8 in GCCSDK.

GCC 10.2 is the latest version available at autobuiler/develop/gcc, not
that it helps here much though. The idea is that autobuiler/develop/gcc
will always be the newest version in the autobuilder, and older versions
will be archived with their version number, like
autobuiler/develop/gcc8.

This meant I couldn't do my build/debug cycle in RPCEmu as it needs VFP,

I find Sunfish/NFS the fastest method of transfer to keep the
build/debug cycle moving.

but I did get it to compile once I had altered all references to wchar_t (which is specifically disabled I noticed in the GCCSDK build. > It actually runs pretty well on RISC OS itself but with one huge caveat. If I throw an exception, in certain cases it crashes out with a library error. If I throw an exception of type T and catch *exactly* type T then it works, but if I force the exception to be caught in a parent function it crashes. I've tried compiling with and without optimisations but with no luck.

C++ exceptions not handled when building on ARM32 · Issue #785 · android/ndk (github.com) <https://github.com/android/ndk/issues/785>

Searching brought up that link, which suggests something very similar. ARM, armeabi and C++.

Any ideas? Everything else is working that I can see!

It seems there is a problem with C++ exceptions, and I see the above
example crashes. It looks like it branches to zero and that could be
a missing weak symbol. I'll have a closer look and try to figure out
what's going wrong.

Lee.